Home Jobs Corp ForumHome Jobs Corp Forum
  Home Jobs Corp Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Home Jobs Corp Forum > Best Ways to Market your website > Statistics

Notices

Statistics Have any questions on your page ranking or better ways to get statistics on your site? then ask them here.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 AM
IM Newbie

Default Why would our site's PR drop?

Do you know how happy I was when I got PR 2 for my acne related site a few months ago? Then, 3 weeks ago, I discovered that the PR2 that I have on my site has vanished. What has happened to my PR? Why did it vanish? Is it because I didn't update the content in it? Or is it Google doesn't like my content? If they don't like the content in my site, why do they give me a PR2 in the first place?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 PM
IM Newbie

You can probably regain your pr. To do that, you'll need to have other sites with high pr pointing to you. If you have a lot of high pr links, you'll regain your pr in no time. You should also try adjusting some of your code and make sure that your website follows good coding practices. Good luck with figuring out your pr.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 PM
IM Newbie

Your PR can drop for a number of reasons. Google can drop your site due to duplicate content or excessive backlinking (doing it too quickly so that Google thinks your using backlinking services which they hate)

There are also other reasons, the opposite of how you gain PR. PR is gained by being linked too from relavent sites however if these sites remove the link, naturally you lose whatever PR boost they gave you.

Lastly also remember Google for some reason gives certain sites a PR boost for a certain amount of time, especially new sites. However, it is temporary.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
IM Newbie

That's good advice above, but the OP is misunderstanging PageRank.

PageRank is not a rank for a website, it is a rank for a specific page.

So, for the page that has dropped in PR, it's quie possible that some websites that were linking to it, for whatever reason are not linking to it now. Get some new links pointing to that page and you'll be good to go. PR2 is very easy to achieve.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
IM Newbie

Default It could be the content

Based on my own experience, you could see some changes by adding content more often. This is the new 2011 Google Ranking trend. Updated content is the new way to get more rank and so far, anytime I place new content on my site, I notice more traffic on my site.